Smart VOV™ Overview
(Variable Orifice Valve)
- The Smart VOV creates colder (5°-12°F) a/c discharge air by automatically reducing the orifice area at low compressor speeds, such as at idle and in city traffic.
- During extended idle periods in hot climates, the Smart VOV re-opens to a larger orifice size at high head pressures to maintain compressor operation (reducing compressor on/off cycling). This unique re-open feature also helps to increase compressor life by eliminating dangerously high head pressures that can occur with fixed orifice tubes.
- The Smart VOV opens to a large orifice size at highway speeds to maintain pressures comparable to or lower than a stock (fixed) orifice tube.
- Compressor life can be significantly increased because of the reduced compressor load. Police vehicles equipped with Smart VOV and based in severe heat desert locations experienced a significant (tenfold) reduction in compressor failures (compared to vehicles using stock orifice tubes).
- The Smart VOV can improve fuel economy and reduce exhaust emissions, especially in city driving conditions (initial independent lab testing show 10-25% lower exhaust emissions in the new EPA mandated SC03 test).
- The Smart VOV is a "drop-in" replacement for OEM orifice tubes in CCOT systems.
Smart VOV is a patented product by Nartron Corporation, Reed City, Michigan, USA